Feel free to visit my other blog, Carefree Curls! It's about naturally wavy/curly hair. Also, if you're on a computer, click below to feed the fish. :)

Search Posts

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Is Birchbox worth it?

In this post, I will be sharing my opinions and experiences with birchbox. You may be wondering if birchbox is worth the monthly $10..

In short: Yes!

If you'd like to sign up for birchbox, click here.

Now for a more in-depth answer. :)

I had been eyeing birchbox for quite some time, unsure if I should subscribe or not. I'm the kind of person who loves experimenting with new products, so the idea of receiving products to try every month was very appealing to me. I read numerous reviews & thought about it for awhile; I was just too curious, so I finally gave in and purchased the monthly subscription! Read on to hear about my experience with birchbox.


The point system

Honestly, I think my favorite thing about birchbox is their points system. It's so awesome. You can purchase products in their shop using the points that you've gathered, and the points build up pretty quickly!

Every month, you'll receive 5-6 products in your box; for each of your samples that you review, you'll get 10 points to spend in their shop (10 points is equal to $1). If you review all 5 products, that's $5 back! This is really awesome because you can use those points towards anything in their shop, whether it be something you sampled & want to buy the full size of or something new to try. They have a lot of really nice products in their shop!

Plus, every time you buy something from their shop, you get 1 point for every dollar you spend. So, basically, it's like getting 50% off of every box and 10% off of every purchase back in points to spend in their shop!


Samples received

In my experience, the birchbox samples have been nice. I've found several new products that I love through them. I've found that pretty much all of the samples have been decently sized and have lasted me a long time; there were only a couple that I thought were kind of small.

So far, I've gotten 4 monthly boxes, and I've just signed up for the yearly subscription since it's a little cheaper than the monthly. Out of those 4 boxes, there have only been about 2 samples that I haven't liked. Even then, they were the kind of products that I really like trying out; I just ended up not liking that specific product (one was a mascara that wouldn't hold a curl; the other was a cleanser that irritated my skin). That's the whole point of sampling anyway: to find out whether or not you like the product. :)

Another thing that I like about the samples is that some of them are very nice, luxury type products. It's always fun to try stuff like that!

One thing that I really like about birchbox is that they ask you a bunch of questions (e.g. What's your skin type, what's your hair type, what items would you prefer to receive, etc.) when you set up your account so that they can tailor your monthly samples to better suit your needs. :)


Sample choice

There are other fun things that I've enjoyed about birchbox. There's a sample choice that you get to make each month, and they usually have a few options to choose from. This varies from month to month! It's always fun to be able to choose one of your samples. :)

Sometimes, they'll also have limited-edition boxes that have pre-chosen samples that you can opt for instead of the random monthly samples. I usually just go for the normal monthly box; I like the fun of not knowing what you're going to get. ;)


Customer service

Birchbox has great customer service! I've only needed to contact them twice, and both times have been very pleasant; my issues were quickly resolved, and the people were very friendly about it. Having good customer service is always important to me, and birchbox' customer service is great. :)


My final opinion

Birchbox is a great company and I highly recommend trying out their monthly subscription! It's very fun to receive a box filled with goodies each month, and I've been very happy with what I've gotten. ;)


I hope you've enjoyed this review! I'll be reviewing my monthly boxes from birchbox every month as I receive them, so stay tuned. Have a great week!

-CK

No comments:

Post a Comment