Feel free to visit my other blog, Carefree Curls! It's about naturally wavy/curly hair. Also, if you're on a computer, click below to feed the fish. :)

Search Posts

Monday, February 22, 2016

February Birchbox (2016): Product Reviews

Hello! In this post, I will be reviewing my February 2016 box from birchbox. :) Read on! Also, click here to subscribe to birchbox.

The Box
The box itself is a bright, orange/coral color with a few random beauty items on it. Personally, I'm not a fan of this design. It just doesn't really appeal to me.

Arrow Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm

This product was my favorite in this box, so I'll start with it. :) It's very cool; this is a tinted lip balm that adjusts it's color according to the pH of your skin, so the color may be different on different people! If you apply only a little bit, it's pretty sheer, but if you layer it on a bit more, you can get quite the pop of color.


Supergoop!® Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream
I don't particularly need any anti-aging things, so I ended up giving this sample to my mom. I did try it out, of course, so I'll tell you what I can. It felt very nice & soaked in immediately, so it's nice that it didn't feel heavy or thick or anything. It's a sunscreen, so it protects from sunlight. (I generally avoid staying in bright sunlight too much anyway because I'm kind of sensitive to it.) I wish I could say more about it, but it's just not a product that I need. Also, the sample was pretty tiny.


Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
This one has some pros & cons. For one thing, it's VERY strongly scented. It's not a bad scent, but it's strong, so it may clash with whatever other scents you're wearing. Aside from that, this product is okay. I don't think that my hair liked it very much because it was frizzier than usual when I tried it.. It wasn't weighed down by the product, though. And I really like the spray bottle that it came in! It sprayed wonderfully; some other leave-ins that I use sort of spray in clumps, but this one came out in a perfect mist. Over-all, it's an okay product...just not for me.


Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream
I love the smell of this. I knew I would. It has a great scent, and the lotion itself is pretty moisturizing; however, I've gotten better results from other (cheaper) lotions. So, although I love the scent, I'll stick with my usual lotion.


Dasein Winter
I was actually pleasantly surprised by this scent! It's a little strong for my personal taste, but if I'm careful with it, it's rather nice. Still perhaps not my favorite scent, but nice nonetheless.

---

What did you get in your birchbox? Post a comment & let me know! Or, if you haven't subscribed yet, click here.


Also, just an update: I am soon going to set up an area where I can take nice pictures of products and such for reviews, so until I do that, my posts won't have pictures of my own in them. I'll try to get it set up ASAP :)

-CK

No comments:

Post a Comment